Alright, so when you buy this camera – you get
- obviously the camera
- you get four double A batteries included which is what it takes to power it
- you get the close-up lens attachment with the selfie mirror. we’re going to go over how to use this in a bit and you get a very sniffing neck strap because it is a fairly hefty camera. So, you are probably going to want to use this.
- Ok cool, you do not get the Instax wide film. So, make sure when you put this in your shopping cart, you also add some film. Otherwise, you will be very sad that you can’t play with it right away.
If you didn’t buy this Instax Wide camera yes. Grab you camera through my recommendation link here.
|Color & Type||Visit Details On Amazon|
|NOTE:-||[ Don't forget to Buy Film along with the Camera ]|
Instax wide 300 – How to use
Alright now we’re going to run through the camera, its manual and all the features that it has. Basically, it’s a pretty simple camera. So, this isn’t going to take too long but it is important to know this stuff. So, you know how to use it and get the best out of it.
If you are new or have bought the camera or ordered it, then click here to read step-by-step Guide of using the wide 300 instant camera.
- Now for starters, the viewfinder which is on the Camera is also awesome. So, you’re just looking straight through it. You must put it up to your eye. There is a circle in the center of that viewfinder that targets that’s going to help you compose your shots and know where the center of your frame. That’s very usable.
- And what else do we have with this? We have a tripod socket on the very bottom. So, you can put this on a tripod if you want. We have a flash right here now the flash is automatic. You cannot turn it off. It will go when the camera thinks it should go.
- Instax Wide 300 Camera has an effective range of about 3 meters which means that don’t take a photo of something that’s more than three meters away and think that the flash is going to light it up but it won’t. So, you want to keep your subjects in dark situations closer to you.
- Obviously, you get the power button and you just push it and the camera turns on. So, let’s come to the back of this Wide Camera. So, try that again.
- So, I want you to see that light. It’s very important and it blinks when you hit the power button. okay, you’re going to have to believe me that there is a little red light on Camera that goes on. Remember, when the flash is charging up and the camera will not take a photo when the red light is on because the flash is getting ready. I will tell you from the experience. That can be very frustrating because you’re wondering why it’s not taking the photo.
- You got to check that light if it’s odd. You just got to wait. If it seems like that taking a really long time it’s probably because your batteries are getting low. So, you want to put new batteries in it.
- Okay, let’s keep looking at the back. You have some buttons and you have a little screen. This screen is going to tell you how many films you have left in your camera and it will also tell you if you have these other functions turned on. So when you buy it, there will be no film in the camera but later on, you’ll see the numbers pop up once we get some film in here.
- So, the button L&B; that lightens and darken. So, what this camera has is the ability to kind of control the exposure a little bit. So, if you press it once, you get an L that’s going to make the image a little bit brighter than it normally would. That’s really good if your subject in like a backlit situation which cameras tend to underexpose for.
- Then there’s darken so that will make the image a little darker than usual. That’s usually good if you have like a really the dark background and the camera tends to kind of overexpose in those situations. Or if you just want a different mood these are really good for just creative options.
- If you like a really high key bright image or a really dark low-key image you have those options and press it one more time and it turns off. After that, there is the flash symbol. If you press it once and that pops up what that is going to do is make sure the flash fires. So, no matter what situation you’re in even if it’s bright the flash is going to fire and this is really good for like a fill flash situation where you’re outside and it’s backlit and you want a little pop of light on your subject. You can use the flash then.
- Alright, one other really important part of this wide Camera is that it has two focusing distances and you need to make sure you’re paying attention to this. Otherwise, you are not going to get the sharpest shots that you can. So, the two options are 0.9 meters to 3 meters. So, within that range or 3 meters to infinity or like as far away as you can get and the way you choose between those two options are you twist this front dial. You’ll hear the lens moves. So right now, it is 3 meters to infinity.
- I twist it again lens goes in and out and now it’s 0.9 to 3 meters and you just switch back and forth and that is a really really important part of using this wide camera is that you get used to judging how far away your subject is and making sure you’re choosing the appropriate focusing distance. If you don’t choose the right distance, your photos are not going to be sharp. They’re going to be blurry. You’re not getting the best quality out of the camera. So, you’ve got to get into that habit.
instax wide 300 – Lighten and Darken
Lighten and darken is the most incredible feature of wide 300. The L&D feature is always going to help you to get best shot every time. You must face different light situation like me or other, but how to overcome them ? So, the L&D, force flash and Dial will help capturing the better shot than you think of.
This is huge discussion if I start here, so I have written details article of using the Light and Dark with Dial and force flash. To get more tips and tricks of L&D and how to use it with Dial and flash, click this link below.
Want more details of Lighten & Darken ? Click here to get tips and tricks using L&D for best shot.
instax wide 300 – Lens
Alright now let’s take a look at that close-up lens attachment. So, what this is going to let you do is focus closer than that zero point nine meters (0.9 m) . The way to put it off is to first turn on the camera and then You shouldn’t want to touch the lens I shouldn’t want to get it dirty just hold it fry the edges and then you just pop it on the front. It’s very easy.
I find that it kind of is easy for it to twist and you don’t want it to twist. You have to turn it until you feel it snap into place. Because of you can see this little arm that sticks out. This is what helps you get the proper composition when you’re using this lens. So, you want it to be in the right place.
If it’s not in the right place, you’re not going to get the right composition. So make sure you get it to pop into place and then you’re ready to go.
So, this close-up lens is going to let you focus up to 0.4 meters or forty centimeters. So that’s quite a bit closer.
You have to make sure that you are on the 0.9-meter to the 3-meter setting. If you are on the three to infinity, it’s not going to work properly.
instax wide 300 – Selfie Mirror
One other thing about the close-up attachment as you can see is that it has a selfie mirror on it. So, you can take selfies with this big giant camera. So again, this is what you’re going to want to use if you’re taking a selfie because you know when you’re holding it far away you’re not getting a meter away from your face so that the close-up lens attachment is what you want to use and then you just look in the mirror and somehow also press the button. It’s a little tricky but you’ll figure it out.
Let’s put some film in and take a shot so that you get the full experience with the Instax wide 300. Now I usually give kind of a disclaimer as I’m opening the film. But still this is film and be careful with it, it’s delicate but the more and more tests I do with this film the less and less worried I am about it.
instax wide 300 – Film
Alright, guys, I hope you enjoyed the Instax Wide 300. As you can see it’s a pretty simple camera but it has excellent results. I really love this Wide 300 Polaroid Camera. I could trust it to take great shots no matter what.
So, if you are looking at getting into Instax, I would definitely check this one out. It is the only camera in the Fujifilm line that shoots in fact wide. So if this big stuff is interesting to you, this is the camera you got a grab anyway.
Hope you enjoyed this simple discussion. If you did please feel free to leave comments if you think this might be a good Polaroid Instant Camera. Tell me why you would like to have it or what you would take photos of with it. I hope you have an awesome day and happy photographing.
There are lot of questions about film like-
Can I take the film at airport ? Can I cut the film or Can I use Expired film ? etc. I have written a full review of all film- mini, square and wide. You can read my review and choose whatever you want and this is also my recommendation for buying. CLICK HERE TO REVEAL THE FILM HISTORY, THEN BUY.
There are lot of features in Instax Camera. Every camera has their own unique quality and settings. But what suits you best and what feature do you like most or do you like mini , square or wide format. There are lot of confusion might come to before buying the camera.
After buying the Instax camera, you always look for another feature that might not have that particular camera. Then you regret for that.
So I have researched all of the Instax camera and discussed all the camera individually so that you can understand better which one is better for you to buy.
So buy the camera after learning a bit more about Instax Camera. CLICK HERE…..TO READ CAMERA REVIEW.